6.16.2012

copenhagen

i’m pretty sure at this point that someone could diagnose me with some sort of syndrome that causes me to fall in love/want to move to every new city i walk into, so no matter how much i want to, i won’t say “i wish i could move to copenhagen.” except i just kind of did, didn’t i?

i arrived here to meet up with my family for a 10 day cruise we’re taking through scandinavia – stoping in a long list of countries I never thought I would get the chance to visit: denmark, sweden, estonia, russia, finland, etc. (did i just etc an entire group of countries? must mean i’m still american..) maybe it’s because i’m used to cruises leaving from miami and i’m from florida, but for some reason i kept thinking of my stay in copenhagen as only a precursor to the cruise – not an actual part of the tour. obviously i could be wrong since i’m writing this pre-cruise, but copenhagen could possibly be the highlight for me on this trip.

we only had 2 full days here (which includes a half day after arriving on extremely long flights and a half day before boarding our cruise ship), but thanks to lonely planet’s “europe on a shoestring” top 5 things to see in copenhagen, and my incessant need to be walking around 24/7, we were able to squeeze a lot in during that short amount of time. and still allow my poor parents a short nap in the afternoon.

the city is gorgeous, the weather is perfect, you can walk everywhere, and there are about 289298173821749 amazing looking men here. pretty much my idea of heaven on earth.

anchors away! i mean, what else could my caption be here...

why there isn't water coming from this little cherub as if he is peeing, the world may never know...

narrow streets. lots of bikes. yep, that's pretty much copenhagen.

central station.

cutest widdle bar everrrrrr (baby voice).

silly tourist photo? check.

the king's brewery and the oldest building in copenhagen.

not the little mermaid, but another mermaid that i wanted to post a photo of. deal with it.

bikes ev-er-y-where!!

mmmmm smushis....

the round tower -  aptly named.

No comments:

Post a Comment